This incredible shaved brussels sprouts salad is full of crunchy almonds and salty and nutty Parmesan is anything but boring. The biggest deal closer is the ridiculously simple lemony garlic dressing that makes this taste like it came straight out of a restaurant kitchen.
- 1 package of shaved brussels sprouts (about 16 oz)
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds
- 1/2 cup chunked Parmesan (just break them off with a knife into chunks.
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon stone ground mustard
- 2 garlic cloves (minced on a microplane)
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Place all the salad ingredients into a bowl. Garnishing with the almonds and Parmesan. Let them stay on top.
- For the dressing, add the first 4 ingredients to a bowl and combine.
- Stream in the olive oil into the aforementioned dressing ingredients and whisk until fully combined.
- Taste and season with salt and pepper.
- Drizzle dressing over the salad right before serving and toss to combine.
1. Almost all the big grocery chains now carry the already shaved brussels sprouts in their refrigerated section right next to the other salads. if they do not all you need is a mandolin or a sharp know to slice them up. You can even use your slicing attachment on the Kitchen Aid food processor. I have done that when I was in a pinch.
2. The original recipe had Marcona almonds. But for starters they are hard to find. And secondly they are super pricy. Plus I love the slivered almonds for this salad more any how.
3. The nutritional information should be used as a guide.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Category: Salad
- Cuisine: Italian American