This delicious grilled chicken thigh recipe is perfect for a midweek meal when you need dinner on the table in 30 minutes! The marinade serves as a brine so it infuses the flavor quickly and also acts like a glaze when the chicken is grilling!
- 2 tbsp of Kenny’s Spice Mix
- 1 tsp liquid smoke
- 4 tbsp oil
- 3 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 4 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp honey
- zest and juice of one lime
- 3 cloves of garlic minced on a microplane
- 2 serrano peppers (thinly sliced)
- 3 tbsp of cilantro (roughly chopped)
- 3 pounds chicken thighs trimmed of extra fat
- Combine all the ingredients of the marinade and whisk until combined. Or add to a ziplock bag and shake, shake, shake. You can also place all the ingredients in a blender or food processor so that it is finely combined. However, be careful the serrano will have a lot more heat this way.
- Taste and adjust for seasoning as needed.
- Add chicken thighs to bowl or ziplock bag and allow to marinade for at least 30 minutes and up to 24 hours.
- Oil up and preheat the grill then place the chicken on the grill. After 4 minutes, remove the chicken and dip it into the remaining marinade and place it on the grill on the other side. Do the same exact process until the chicken is done. In total about 15 minutes. This way you end up with a beautiful glaze.
- Nutritional information should only be used for guidance.
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Chicken
- Cuisine: Fusion