A soup full of flavor, spicy and body. Loaded with good for you green pea protein and deep earthy flavors from my Magic Onion sauce. Plus it all comes together in a blender in no time!
- 1 pound of sweet peas (frozen is just fine)
- 1 serrano pepper (roughly chopped)
- 3 cloves of garlic (roughly chopped)
- 1 shallot (roughly chopped)
- juice of one lime
- 8 cups of vegetable broth
- 3 tbsp of mint (about 10–15 leaves)
- 1 cup ofMagic Onion Sauce
- olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Add olive oil to a medium 5 quart pot or any other medium sized pot and heat up to medium heat.
- Add shallots, Serrano pepper and garlic to the pot. Season with salt and pepper. Allow to sweat (no color, just let them cook up until soft and fragrant) for about 5-7 minutes.
- Add peas and toss them with the rest of the veggies. Allow to cook for 5 minutes.
- Add broth and bring to a boil. Once boiled, reduce heat and allow to simmer for 20-25 minutes.
- Remove from heat and gently pour the peas and veggies into a food processor or blender.
- Pour half of the liquid into the food processor or blender and start processing. Continue adding the remaining liquid until reached desired consistency.
- Add lime juice, mint leaves and salt and pepper.
- Puree, add Magic onion sauce on top of serving bowls.
- Serve immediately.
Feel free to add in more Serrano peppers as you like! Hubs is not too keen on a ton of heat so I keep it to just 1. But if you are a fan of the spicy stuff feel free to add it on!
- Category: Soup
- Cuisine: Latin Fusion