A simple and elegant one pan roasted lamb and potato recipe cooked to perfection and drizzled with an herb infused chimichurri.
- 1 lamb loin (they vary from 1/2–1 lb in weight)
- 2 pounds of red potatoes (washed and cut into 1 inch pieces)
- ¼ cup of olive oil
- ¼ cup of mint (loosely packed)
- 2 tbsp of dill
- 3 garlic cloves
- Pinch of red pepper flakes (or more)
- 1 tbsp of freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Water as needed
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a food processor or blender, combine mint, dill, half of the olive oil, garlic, red pepper flakes, lemon juice and salt and pepper. If the mixture is a bit to “tight” loosen it up with a bit of water.
- Preheat oven to 450-degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with a raised edge with foil. I actually prefer to do this in a foil pan. Much easier clean-up.
- Place the lamb roast flat side up on the baking sheet. Place cut up potatoes around the lamb roast and drizzle with remaining olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Roast for 30-35 minutes for medium rare. Toss the potatoes half way through cooking to ensure even browning. An instant read thermometer should read 125-130 degrees Fahrenheit for medium rare)
- Remove pan from oven and place tenderloin on the cutting board. Let rest for 10 minutes.
- Toss the potatoes with half of the chimichurri sauce.
- Slice the lamb loin, drizzle with remaining sauce and enjoy.
- Category: Entree
- Cuisine: Latin Fusion