- 1 package of lasagna noodles
- 1 8 oz package of cream cheese or neufchatel cheese
- 7 [roasted garlic cloves]https://girlandthekitchen.com/how-to-roast-perfect-garlic/
- 2 cups shredded marinara
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese and more for grating on top
- 1–5 cups [marinara]https://girlandthekitchen.com/easy-freezer-friendly-marinara/
- 1–2 tablespoons milk
- First, you need to preheat your oven to 375-degrees.
- Boil your noodles until they are al dente in salted water. The brand that Red Gold sent me, Cremette, was really nice. You could even use them without boiling if you were making a regular lasagna. But since we were rolling these little suckers up, I decided to boil them off.
- Drain noodles in a colander and rinse with ice cold water to stop the cooking process. Once all the water has drained out, lay flat on a sheet pan, drizzling with olive oil so that the noodles do not stick to each other.
- Whip up some of my easy marinara sauce it’s super easy…duh. And fast.
- Combine the cream cheese with roasted garlic, Parmesan and mozzarella cheese, salt, pepper and milk. You use the milk so that it is easier to spread. Only need 1 or 2 splashes of it. Mix everything in a stand-up mixer.
- Or by hand if you need a workout.
- Then make yourself a little work area with your pan on one side, your marinara, cream cheese mixture and noodles on the other side.
- Spread about 1/2 a cup of marinara sauce onto the bottom of your pan. (BTW, you can totally use a foil pan for ease of clean-up! I just happened to be serving this for a friendly dinner so I went with my favorite polka dot pan)
- Slather a heaping tablespoon of cream cheese mixture onto the lasagna noodles.
- Start rolling until you have a nice tight roll-up.
- Place the rollups seam side down into your lasagna pan and continue to roll with the rest of the noodles. Pour the marinara sauce over the top. I did have some noodles left over so I ended up making the rest in a foil pan and freezing them.
- Sprinkle the mozzarella on top of the marinara, making sure to get into all the nooks and crannies. Shred some Parmesan cheese on top…as much as you like 🙂 Go crazy.
- Cover with foil and place in the oven for 30 minutes. **If you were planning on freezing them. You can go ahead and freeze at this point. **
- Then remove the foil and place it back in the oven for 10-15 minutes until it the cheese gets all crispy and golden brown.
- Category: Pasta
- Cuisine: Italian