- 1 recipe of my basil pesto
- 4 ciabatta buns toasted
- 2 bone-in chicken breasts
- 2 balls of fresh mozzarella
- 1 large beef steak tomato sliced
- Kosher pickles as the perfect side dish.
- Preheat oven to 450-degrees
- Slather pesto sauce onto the chicken breasts, making sure to get under the skin.
- Let stand for at least an hour. You can also do this the night before.
- Slice up tomatoes and mozzarella.
- Roast chicken for 18 minutes or until juices run clear. Let cool.
- Remove the chicken off of the bone and remove the skin.
- Slice chicken breasts against the grain in large, flat pieces.
- Toast up the ciabatta under the broiler quickly so they are nice and crisp. Slice them in half so there is a top and a bottom.
- Smear pesto liberally onto the top and bottom pieces of bread.
- Place chicken down first, then mozzarella and finally tomato slices.
- Smoosh sandwich, bite and smile.
- This sandwich can also be made pannini style if so desired.