One pan cajun salmon and asparagus is the ultimate dinner! Healthy, delicious and on the table in 15 minutes! Who needs takeout when a meal this good is less than 30 minutes away.
- 4 pieces 5-6 oz portions of salmon (cod or halibut)
- 4 tbsp of cajun spice (more if you like it super spicy)
- 4 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tbsp freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- juice of half a lemon
- half a lemon sliced
- 2 pounds of asparagus (woody stalks removed*)
- olive oil
- Preheat oven to 450-degrees.
- Place the salmon pieces skin side down on a large enough sheet pan to accommodate the fish and the asparagus.
- Drizzle oil over the salmon and the veggies.
- Drizzle lemon juice over the salmon and veggies as well.
- Sprinkle the cajun spice, garlic powder, salt and pepper over the salmon and the asparagus.*
- Rub the mixture all over the salmon making sure that it is nicely covered in spicy goodness.
- Place the lemon slices on top of the fish.
- Toss the asparagus so it is evenly covered as well.
- Place into the oven for 15 minutes or until the fish is flaky.
1. If you are not sure where to cut the asparagus stalks, just take one in between your fingers and snap off the end. The spot where it naturally snaps off is the woodsy part. Just cut the rest of the stalk that same length.
2. If you really want to brown this baby up even more, turn on the broiler for the last 4-5 minutes of cooking time and watch it get blackened!
3. I should mention I use a convection oven. This may take longer in a standard oven but it will take close to the same time in a smaller toaster oven so feel free to use that.
4. As an alternative, you can combine all the spices, olive oil, lemon juice and salt and pepper in a bowl. Then create a paste and smear it on. I felt the need to make this all in one pan so I did not want to dirty up an additional bowl.
5. The nutritional information is to be used for information purposes only.
- Prep Time: 1 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Fish
- Cuisine: Cajun