Tender chicken breasts full of lemony flavors and a crunchy crust!!! A classic crispy chicken done with a new secret ingredient!!!
- 2 cups matzo meal
- 2 pounds chicken cutlets
- 4 egg whites
- zest of one lemon
- 3 tbsp of chopped parsley plus more for garnish
- 1 lemon sliced thinly
- 2 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp paprika
- salt and pepper to taste
- Measure out about 2 cups of matzo meal. Add in salt, pepper, garlic powder, paprika and lemon zest.
- Then whip up 4 egg whites and add the Italian parsley.
- Set up an assembly line. Egg white plate, matzo meal plate and an empty plate.
- Dip the chicken cutlets into the egg white mixture first. Making sure to cover both sides.Do this with your LEFT hand.
- Then with your RIGHT hand dip into the matzo meal mixture. You want to do this with different hands or else you will have what I call mummy hands.
- Place about 2 tbsp of butter in a large pan over medium high heat and let it come to a sizzle. .
- Cook it on one side for 3-4 minutes until nice and golden brown. Then flip it and cook it for another 3 minutes until crispy and golden brown.
- Lay them on paper towels so they drain any access butter that may be on them. Also, feel free to change the oil/butter out with each batch if you have too many burnt bits in the pan.
- Garnish with a few lemon slices and some parsley. Dive in!
If you are using this for the Jewish holidays, you can use coconut oil or olive oil to make it truly Kosher.
- Category: Chicken
- Cuisine: Jewish