This Macerated Summer Berry Salad is the ultimate dessert for the summer! Perfectly sweet and light it is the ideal accompaniment to any summer BBQ or picnic! Plus learn the trick to incredibly juicy and aromatic berries even when they are not ripe!
- 16 oz fresh strawberries (cut in quarters.)
- 1 pint raspberries
- 1 pint blackberries
- 1 pint blueberries
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 tbsp rum or any other liquor of your choice
- 4 tbsp mint (chopped finely)
- Combine all the ingredients in a bowl and mix. Allow to stand for at least 15 minutes and up to 8 hours.
- Serve plain or over ice cream, store bought cakes or with any custard as a garnish.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: American