Lunch is never a bore or a hassle with my incredible and simple Instant Pho to Go! The ingredients are never boring, always delicious and never-ending! Create vegetarian, vegan and meat lover options with my super simple formula!!!
- 2 tbsp soy sauce (low sodium)
- 1 heaping tbsp of Better than Bouillon
- 1/4 tsp of sesame oil
- 1 chili thinly sliced (optional)
- a few squirts of siracha depending on how spicy you like it
- 1 tsp sliced lemon grass
- 1 tsp sliced ginger
- 2 scallions thinly sliced
- 1 good handful of fresh cilantro
- 4 oz of cooked chicken breast or cooked turkey or rare roast beef deli meat
- 1/4 cup of green veggies
- 2 oz dry rice noodles
- 1 boiled egg
- lime sliced into wedges
- Place all of the ingredients of your flavor base (see above) except the cilantro into the container so it lays on the bottom.
- Add in your rice noodles. Hint: if you need to break them in half so they fit into the container, do so over the sink because they will go EVERYWHERE.
- Add in some greens and veggies. Chopped spinach, chopped baby bok choy, bean sprouts are always a winner. I happened to have chopped brussels sprouts.
- Add protein of choice, including the boiled egg.
- Top off with cilantro and the lime.
- Place in the fridge at work and let it hang out until lunch time.
- Once lunch rolls around remove the lime, pour in boiling water and give it a really good mix. I actually do like chop sticks for this 🙂 Make sure you break up your flavor base and get everything nicely incorporated. Let it hang out for about 8 minutes or until noodles are tender.
- Enjoy and slurp
- IF you want to keep this meat free just add extra veggies and you are all golden. Also you can use the vegetarian chicken soup base from Better than Bouillon.
- The nutritional values are based off of using chicken breast.
- The nutritional information is to be used for information purposes only.
- Category: Soup
- Cuisine: Asian