Did you know that there is a secret to restaurant dishes? Yes I mean other than butter. It’s roasted garlic. And the beauty is that it’s super easy to make.
- 4–5 Garlic cloves
- Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper
- Preheat oven to 350-degrees
- Take a few heads of garlic and cup off the bottoms with a serrated knife.
- The bottoms are where the garlic comes to a point. Take off some of the loose paper.
- Drizzle olive oil into the bottom a small pan. It can be a frying pan or an old pie pan. I chose to use my meatloaf pan.
- Place garlic bulbs with the exposed garlic cloves facing up. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Cover pan with foil and place into the oven for 30-35 minutes or until a knife goes into the garlic smoothly.
- Once the garlic is roasted, let cool until you are able to handle with your hands.
- Now comes the fun part. Squeeze the garlic out by pushing from the top all the way out of the bottom.
- That’s it! Store it and use it!
- HINT: Don’t throw out the oil that the garlic roasted in. Save it for sauteeing and give food a light garlicy flavor.
- Category: Condiment
- Cuisine: French