- 1 Pound of 97% Lean Ground Turkey
- 1/2 Pound Boneless Skinless Chicken Thighs
- 1 15 Oz Can Diced Tomatoes with Jalapeno (or similar, Oregano and Onion)
- 1 15 Oz Can Diced Tomatoes with Italian Seasoning
- 1 15 Oz Can Chili Style Beans
- 1 15 Oz Can Kidney Beans (rinsed and drained)
- 1 Spanish Onion (Diced)
- 1 Jalapeno (Seeded, Minced)
- 4 Garlic Cloves (Slicd)
- 1 Packet of Chili or Taco Seasoning
- Sour cream (sliced scallions and shredded cheese to be used for garnish)
- Olive Oil
- Coat a pan with olive oil and sear the ground turkey until golden brown; about 10 minutes.
- While turkey is cooking chop up your onions, jalapeno and garlic.
- 2. Add all the ingredients and HALF of the seasoning packet into a crockpot.
- Cook on low for 6 hours.
- 3. After the first 2 hours, remove the chicken thighs and shred with two forks. Add back into the crockpot and continue to cook.
- 4. Taste for seasoning; if you need more seasoning add in the remaining seasoning packet, tasting as you go as to not to over season.