This incredibly easy and delicious eggplant recipe comes together in only 15 minutes! Thinly sliced eggplant is smeared with garlic and herbs after it has been delicately pan fried.
- 4 baby eggplants sliced thinly (about 1/2 an inch thick.*)
- 6 garlic cloves (minced finely on microplane)
- 3 tbsp chopped parsley
- zest off of 1/2 a lemon
- a pinch or more of red chili flakes
- 4 tbsp of olive oil
- vegan butter flavored pan spray
- salt and pepper to taste
- Combine olive oil, garlic, parsley, lemon zest and chili flakes in a small pot. Heat over low heat to infuse the oil with flavor. This will only take 5 minutes or so, it is crucial that you do not allow the mixture to boil or you run the risk of burning the garlic.
- Heat up a large pan or a griddle* over medium-high heat and spray with the pan spray.
- Lay out the eggplant slices so they do not overlap and can cook evenly. Season with salt and pepper.
- After 3-4 minutes, flip over to the other side and season the other side with salt and pepper. Cook for 3 minutes.
- With a pastry brush or a spoon, brush on the gremolata.
- Serve immediately.
1. You can use Japanese eggplants or regular eggplants as well. I just love baby eggplants and they happened to be on sale this week at the grocery store.
2. I really loved using my griddle for make these. I was able to cook them quickly and evenly and used minimal oil.
- Category: Vegan
- Cuisine: American