The eggplants’ mild flavor combined with the vibrant taste of the grilled red peppers, minced garlic and cilantro makes the the ultimate summer salad!
- 5 Large Eggplants
- 5 Medium Sized Tomatoes (–Roma Tomatoes work great for this)
- 1 Large Onion – Paper Skin Removed
- 2 Large Red Bell Peppers
- 4 Cloves garlic (mined on microplaner)
- 1 Bunch of Cilantro (very roughly chopped)
- Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Roast all the vegetables on a grill turned to high or in a 450-degree oven. Making sure to rub them all down with olive oil. And prick the eggplants with a fork to keep them from exploding.
- The tomatoes and peppers will cook the fastest so keep an eye on them while cooking. They should take about 15- 20 minutes. The eggplants take about 20-25. But again keep an eye on them turning them every 7 minutes or so.
- Once the tomatoes, eggplants and peppers are charred, throw them in a colander. Allow to stand for 15-30 minutes. This makes the extra water seep out so that the salad isn’t too watery. Allow to stand for 15-30 minutes. Place the onions on the side.
- Peel the skin off of all the vegetables except the onions and toss in a square dish. Cut all the vegetables very roughly in the dish. Since they are all so soft they will cut easily.
- Cut the onion into small dice, roughly and combine with vegetables.
- Add cilantro, garlic, season to taste and enjoy
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: Side Dish, Vegan, Vegetables
- Cuisine: Russian