A refreshing and healthy salad full of grilled corn, creamy avocado and tangy lime. Full of flavor, good fats and color!
- 2 corn on the cobb
- 1 large ripe avocado (diced)
- 1/2 a red onion (diced)
- 3 tbsp of cilantro (chopped)
- 1 lime (juiced)
- salt and pepper
- First you need some roasted corn. I always soak mine in water right in the husk for about 30 minutes. Then I throw it onto a grill preheated to medium high and cook for about 20 minutes. Making sure to rotate every 5 minutes. Let it cool.
- While the corn is cooling, dice up your avocado. There is a neat little tutorial here that will help ya’ with that! While you are at it, dice your onion as well. And there’s naturally a tutorial for that as well!
- Chop up some cilantro as well. Roughly. There is no need for precision with that.
- When the corn is cool. remove the husk and stand it upright and start slicing the corn off the husk with a nice sharp knife.
- Place the kernels into a bowl with the avocado, cilantro and onions. Toss everything together with a spoon and season with salt, black pepper and juice of half a lemon.
You can also use frozen corn for this recipe. Just toast them up in a frying pan for a few minutes to get them charred a bit. Or throw them onto a sheetpan into a 450-degree oven for 15 minutes until golden brown.
- Category: Salad
- Cuisine: Fusion