The perfect side dish to any meal are these garlic and herb roast potatoes! Learn the trick to making insanely crispy and perfect roast potatoes every, single time!
- Kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 4 poundsYukon Gold potatoes (peeled and cut into quarters, or smaller, depending on their size)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
Garlic and Herb Butter
- 2 tbsp of herbs of choice (thyme, rosemary, parsley etc.)
- 3 medium cloves garlic (minced on a microplane)
- 3 tbsp butter
- salt and pepper to taste
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
- Add Kosher salt and baking soda.
- Add potatoes and boil for about 10 minutes or until fork tender
- In the meantime combine, butter, herbs and some salt and pepper in a microwave safe bowl. Heat in 30 second increments until melted through. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Strain potatoes well and add back into its pot. Allow to stand for 2 minutes so all the steam water dries out.
- Place a lid over the pot and shake it up well. You want to create some jagged edges and a mush around the potatoes.
- Toss in the olive oil and place onto a baking sheet. Roast for 15 minutes and rotate the potatoes so that they all get even coverage.
- After 10 minutes, remove the pan out of the oven and toss potatoes in the garlic butter.
- Roast for 5 more minutes and serve.
1. My oven is convection. If yours is not, set the roasting temperature to 425-degrees.
2. I did not peel the potatoes this time around because I was in a rush for a hungry munchkin. It still rendered pretty crispy results. However, if you want the ultimate crispiness, make sure to peel them.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 35 minutes
- Category: Sides
- Cuisine: American