These beauties show the simplest way to get gorgeously roasted potatoes that are a super crunchy perfect bite! Perfect as an appetizer or side dish! Serve it with the delicate garlic chive butter and this is a real crowd pleaser!
- 1.5 pounds small-medium white potatoes or Yukon Golds. NOT red potatoes (just make sure that they do not fall through your racks)
- 1 tbsp Kosher salt
- 1 Gallon of Water
Garlic and Chive Butter
- 1 stick of butter
- 4 cloves of garlic (minced)
- 3 chives (finely sliced)
- 1 pinch of red pepper flakes
- Salt and pepper
- Take out two of your racks out of the oven and THEN preheat it to 450-degrees.
- Peel the potatoes and make sure they are no smaller than a golf ball and no bigger than a small tennis ball.
- Place the potatoes in a pot full of water and for every gallon of water use 1 tablespoon of Kosher Salt. The salt is why the potatoes brown so beautifully in the oven , so make sure you put it in
- As soon as the potatoes reach a boil, dump them into a colander and then line them up on the racks. (This was the reason not to peel them too small, we don’t want them falling through the racks.)
- Place racks CAREFULLY back into the oven into the oven for about 15-20 minutes.
- While the potatoes are roasting, place butter, garlic, chives and seasonings into a small pot.
- Over low heat, allow the butter to melt slowly and let all the flavors infuse the butter. This should take about 5 minutes.
- Once the potatoes are golden brown, remove and serve immediately with the garlic butter dip.
- Please note, if you are making these ahead of time, just take them out of the oven once they are ready and let them stay on the racks. Right before service, stick them back in the oven and allow them to crisp up again and they will be ready for you!
Please note, if you are making these ahead of time, just take them out of the oven once they are ready and let them stay on the racks. Right before service, stick them back in the oven and allow them to crisp up again and they will be ready for you!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Category: Sides
- Cuisine: American