These roasted carrots are glazed with a nutty brown butter that is loaded with garlic and red pepper flakes. This easy side dish ends the age old problem of boring vegetables.
- 4 pounds carrots
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- salt and paper to taste
- shredded Parmesan cheese as desired
- chopped parsley to garnish
- 3 tbsp butter
- 3 cloves of garlic
- pinch of red pepper flakes
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Place the carrots on a sheet pan with the olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Roast until fork tender, about 15 minutes.
- Add butter to a small saucepan. Bring to a medium heat and allow to simmer. You will notice the butter starting to change color. Once it goes from tan color to brown, turn of f the heat and allow to stand for 2 minutes.
- Add garlic and red pepper flakes.
- Pour all over the prepared carrots and grate some Parmesan on top.
- Place back into the oven for 3-4 minutes until bubbly and brown.
- Category: Vegetable
- Cuisine: Italian/American