Tender and delicious chicken meatballs that come together in under 30 minutes, all dipped in a heavenly chipotle and bourbon glaze.
- 1.5 pounds ground chicken
- 1 small onion grated
- ¼ cup milk (2%, whole, skim, all is fine)
- 2 scallions (reserve about 1 tbsp for garnish, finely sliced)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1.5 cups Sweet Baby Rays BBQ sauce or your personal favorite
- 2 cloves of garlic (minced)
- 1 tbsp smoky chipotle powder
- 1/4 cup bourbon
- 1 tsp of lemon zest
- Preheat your oven to 450-degrees.
- Combine ground chicken, scallions, milk, salt and pepper in a bowl. Combine mixture with your hands until just mixed, do not over mix or you will end up having dense meat balls.
- Prepare a sheet pan by spraying it with pan spray and THEN putting parchment on top. Create a huge “X” on the sheet from one corner to the next. This is a great trick to get your paper to stick onto the sheet pan.
- Use a tablespoon, melon baller, or small ice cream scoop to shape the meatballs. Do not make them too smooth, the rigid edges will allow for better browning in the oven.
- Place meatballs into the oven and let cook for 10-12 minutes or until juices run clear.
- While the meatballs cook, combine all the ingredients of the sauce into a medium sauce pan and allow to simmer for 10 minutes. Taste and adjust seasoning as necessary. Feel free to add more chipotle if you feel you need some more heat.
- Remove the meatballs from the oven and dip into the sauce while hot. Serve with extra sauce on the side.
1. Nutritional values should only be used as a guideline.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: Appetizer, Chicken
- Cuisine: American