Summer time is the time that I like to kick back, relax with a glass of cold white wine and fire up the grill. These honey lime grilled shrimp marinade and cook up in no time and allow me stay out of the kitchen and enjoy fun BBQ’s and gatherings with my friends and family.
- 1 pound of 15-20 size easy peel shrimp (shells on)
- juice and zest of 2 limes
- 5 garlic cloves
- 1/4 cup of honey
- 1/2 a bunch of cilantro washed
- chili flakes
- salt and pepper to taste
- First place your garlic, cilantro, honey, lime, salt, pepper, chili flakes and olive oil into a blender or food processor. And let it whiz up until all is nicely combined, it can still be chunky, in fact I prefer that.
- Here’s a tip for your limes. Place your lime in the microwave for 15 seconds then cut it and place a fork in the middle and squeeze the juice out. The microwave gets the juices flowing.
- Once the mixture is all mixed up, pour over your shrimp and toss to combine. Let them sit at room temperature for 15-30 minutes. Any more than that and the acidity of the lime may start breaking down the shrimp and it will turn it into a ceviche.
- Once they have marinated, place them on skewers. If you are using wooden skewers, make sure you soak them for at least 30 minutes in water so that they do not burn on the grill.
- Grill the shrimp on an oiled grill set to high for 3 minutes per side. No more, no less.
- Category: Entree
- Cuisine: American