Tender, saucy AND healthy pulled pork made in one pot, over night, without much effort at all. Covered in a sweet and tangy Hard Apple Cider this will be one hard dish to beat! One pot. Freezer friendly. Uber Saucy. Sounds like a perfect week night meal to me!
- 1 5 pound pork loin (not the tenderloins)
- 3 bottles of Angry Orchard Cider or enough to cover the roast almost to the top
- 1 large onion roughly chopped.
- 1 cup of KC Masterpiece BBQ Sauce
- Add the pork into a crockpot with one large onion and covered it 3/4 of the way with the cider.
- Cook it for 7.5 hours overnight.
- I actually placed it in the fridge right after it was cooked and shredded it that night after work. It was much easier to shred. If you cannot cool it completely, at least let it cool so you can handle it with your hands.
- I took two forks and then started shredding it. You can use your hands as well. Add in the BBQ sauce and mix well to combine.
- This is extremely freezer friendly. Just place into freezer proof Ziplock bags and lay flat in the freezer to use on sandwiches, in soups, over rice, in enchiladas…the possibilities are endless!
- Category: BBQ, Main Course, Main Entree
- Cuisine: BBQ