- 3 Cups of Creamy [Dreamy Mashed Potatoes https://girlandthekitchen.com/cream-dreamy-mashers/]
- 3 eggs
- 2 oz diced Serrano or prosciutto ham
- 2 oz Gruyere cheese
- 2 scallions (sliced thinly reserve about a tablespoon of the green part for garnish)
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- Combine the leftover mashed potatoes with any other ingredients you like in there. This time around I had Serrano ham, Gruyere cheese and some scallions, which just so happen to be my favorite in mashed potatoes. I also added 1 egg in to help them bind.
- Mix that all together really well until everything is nicely combined.
- Place into the fridge for 30 minutes so that the mixture comes together. If the mixture is too loose, add some flour in to bind it a bit.
- Set up three containers. I like to use tupperware flat rectangular containers, but whatever floats your boat.
- Fill one up with flour, the other with the 2 remaining eggs and the third with panko breadcrumbs.
- Season flour and breadcrumbs with salt, pepper and garlic powder. Add parsley to breadcrumbs. Mix to combine.
- Remove mashed potato mixture from the fridge and form a patty with your hands about 4-5 inches in diameter.
- Dip into the flour first, making sure both sides are nicely covered.
- Next, dip into the egg wash covering both sides evenly.
- Finally dip into the breadcrumbs, pressing down firmly on each to make sure it gets covered.
- Fry these little beauties in a pre-heated pan with 1 tablespoon of olive oil and a tablespoon of butter. Fry on medium heat until golden brown on each side, about 5 minutes per side. Serve immediately.
- You can also make this in a 450-degree oven. Make sure to oil the bottom of the pan and to spray the tops of these babies with spray oil so they get nice and golden brown.