This simple Russian salad filled with fragrant tomatoes and crisp cucumbers is the ultimate in comfort food. Tossed in a simple dill sour cream dressing…this is Russian food done right.
- 2 medium Roma tomatoes or 1 pint of cherry or grape tomatoes
- 1 Persian cucumber or half of a large English cucumber
- 2 stalks of scallions (chopped thinly)
- 1 tsp finely minced fresh dill
- 4 radishes (thinly sliced)
- 2 tbsp sour cream
- splash of water
- salt and pepper to taste
- If using Roma tomatoes, just cut them up into bite size pieces.
- Slice cucumbers in half lengthwise, then just chop them up.
- Slice the scallions thinly, you will be using both the white and the green of the scallion.
- Slice the radishes thinly.
- Chop dill finely. Feel free to use more if you like dill a whole lot.
- Add all ingredients into a bowl and season with salt and pepper.
- In a separate bowl combine, sour cream and just a splash of water. You are doing this to thin out the sour cream so that it blends in the salad better. Just add enough so that it is a bit thinner, not water.
- Toss the veggies with the sour cream dressing. Taste and season as needed.
- Category: Salad
- Cuisine: Russian