These delicious little chocolate no bake cookies are what my childhood dessert dreams were made of. The best part they take less then 10 minutes to make and fill everyone’s heart’s with happiness. Pure joy in a cookie!
- 8 oz Nilla Wafers
- 1/2 cup of pecans or walnuts (plus more for rolling)
- 1/2 a cup cocoa powder (plus more for rolling)
- 1/4 cup of powdered sugar (plus more for rolling)
- 1 stick room temperature butter
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- We start with Nilla Wafers in a food processor or a Vitamix. I did it in my trusty Vitamix. Just pulse until they resemble small crumbs. If you don’t have either, do it the way my mom did: place into a plastic baggie and pound it with a rolling pin or frying pan. Great for the nerves too 🙂
- Do the same with your walnuts or pecans. Traditionally it’s walnuts, but I ran out and had to use pecans and it was still fantastic
- Add in your powdered sugar and cocoa.
- In a bowl of an electric mixer, fitted with a paddle attachment, whip a stick of room temperature butter until light and fluffy.
- Then add in the national Russian treasure…condensed, sweetened, milk. Heaven in a can.
- Whip until light and fluffy and combined, about 2 minutes.
- Add into the cookie and cocoa mixture and fold.
- Set-up 3 bowls. In each some cocoa powder, some crushed pecans or walnuts and some cocoa powder. You can use all or some. Traditionally they were rolled in the cocoa and then some nuts were placed on top as if they were sprouts.
- Roll the dough in your hands into little log shapes. You want them about 3 inches long.
- Place into mini muffin cups or displayed on a platter. You will want to refrigerate these for at least one hour and up to 24 hours to prior to serving.
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: Russian