A classic soup brightened up with some fresh flavors and colors! Perfect to beat those ailing colds and sniffles.
- 1 large onion (diced)
- 2 large carrots (peeled and chopped into half moons)
- 2 large celery ribs (chopped into half moons)
- 1 large cooked chicken breast (shredded)
- 1 cup of cooked brown or white rice
- a handful of parsley stems and some chopped parsley as a garnish
- 1 tbsp of Better Than Bouillon
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- First we are going to chop up an onion. Check out my tutorial here to chop it up like a pro!
- And then we are going to slice up some carrots into nice large half moons. And let’s do the same for the celery.
- Throw all your veggies into a pot with olive oil heated to medium heat and let them sweat for about 5-10 minutes. No need for color here so feel free to cover with a lid. And do season with salt and pepper. Feel free to add some minced garlic as well.
- Pour in about 6-7 cups of chicken broth into the pot. Add in a handful of parsley stems. I just feel like they make all the flavor difference.
- While the soup is bubbling away, shred one large cooked chicken breast and add into the pot. If you have raw chicken breast, feel free to add it into the chicken stock now so that it can cook along with the veggies. Same goes for the rice. If you have uncooked rice, now would be a good time to add it.
- Let the veggies simmer away for about 20 minutes. Taste for seasoning.
- And then I add in one of my secret weapons: Better than Bouillion. This is ultimate flavor city! Add it in 1 tbsp at a time, making sure you mix it well each time until desired flavor is achieved.
- For the second secret ingredient: Add in 2 tbsp of turmeric powder. This gives the soup its signature uber yellow color.
- Add in your chicken and 1 cup of cooked rice to the broth.
- Add in juice of a lemon and taste.
- Now pour yourself a hearty bowl of chicken and rice soup and slurp away the hard days!
- Category: Soup
- Cuisine: American