Learning how to make Italian bruschetta means having the best appetizer recipe in your arsenal. It's a combination of bright and juicy tomatoes, fruity olive oil and crispy bread. It's classic, delicious and beyond simple!
- 1 loaf crusty bread ((day or 2 day old bread is fine) sliced 1/4–1/2 inch thick)
- 2 pints cherry or grape tomatoes
- 5 cloves garlic (peeled and minced)
- 1 tbsp fresh basil (finely chopped)
- fruity extra virgin olive oil (copious amounts )
- kosher salt (to taste)
- freshly crushed black pepper (to taste )
- Prehat oven to 400 degrees F. Arrange the cut up bread on a sheet pan lined with parchment paper or a silicone mat. Drizzle with olive oil. Bake for 10 minutes or until golden brown.
- Slice the tomatoes in half. Add minced garlic, basil and 1-2 tablespoons of olive oil. Season thoroughly with salt and pepper.
- Scoop some of the tomato mixture onto the bread prior to serving. Garnish with more olive oil and some fresh cracks of black pepper.
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Appetizer
- Cuisine: Italian