One Pot Chicken Fajitas with Chimichurri Crema
These one pot chicken fajitas are an incredibly simple one pan meal perfect for those nights when a delicious dinner has to come together quickly and effortlessly. A simple spice mix and a light yet creamy sauce turn these fajitas from ordinary to extraordinary!
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes
Total Time 30 minutes
Servings 4 servings
- 2 tbsp olive oil plus 1 tbsp for cooking
- 1 packet McCormick Organic Fajita Spice Mix
- 2 pounds of boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1 red bell pepper sliced into thin strips
- 1 green bell pepper sliced into thin strips
- 1 red onion sliced into thin strips
- juice of one lime
- juice of one orange
- cilantro to garnish
- lime wedges to garnish
- 8 flour or corn tortillas
- guacamole for garnish
- pico de gallo for garnish
- 3 tbsp of chimichurri sauce
- 1/2 a cup of sour cream or Greek Yogurt
Into a bowl, combine 2 tbsp olive oil and half of the seasoning packet. This will create your seasoning paste.
Trim the chicken of any excess fat.
Smear the seasoning paste onto the chicken, making sure to cover it well on all sides.
Preheat a cast iron pan to high.
Place chicken into the pan and cook on one side for 5 minutes then flip over and cook on the other side for 4 minutes.
Remove from heat, place onto a plate to rest and cover with foil loosely.
Turn the heart to medium on the cast iron pan.
Add the onions, peppers, remaining seasoning mix. Cook for 5 minutes.
Add the lime and orange juice to the pan and scrape the bottom to pick up the delicious bits from the bottom of the pan. Remove from heat.
Slice chicken and place on top of the pepper and onion mix.
Serve immediately accompanied with limes, cilantro, guacamole, pico de gallo and chimichurri crema.
- Nutritional information includes 2 fajitas per person without sauce.
- The nutritional information is to be used for information purposes only.
Calories: 530kcal | Carbohydrates: 35g | Protein: 49g | Fat: 20g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 215mg | Sodium: 742mg | Potassium: 753mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 4.3% | Vitamin C: 36.7% | Calcium: 9.7% | Iron: 22.4%