Low Carb Buffalo Chicken Meatballs
These low carb buffalo chicken meatballs are a healthier twist on the beloved bar favorite! Full of flavor and low on carbs, these absurdly tender meatballs are perfect for a quick dinner or as a yummy appetizer!
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 15 minutes
Servings 4 people
- 1 lb ground chicken thigh
- 1.5 cups sharp cheddar shredded
- 3 tbsp chives chopped or snipped with scissors, plus more for garnishing
- 2 tbsp Frank's Red Hot Sauce plus extra for garnishing
- 1/2 cup sour cream divided in 1/4 cups
- 2 celery stalks finely chopped
- 1 egg
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp water
- crumbled blue cheese optional for toppings
Preheat oven to 450 degrees
Mix together the ground chicken, cheese, chopped chives, 1/4 cup of sour cream, hot sauce, egg, chives, hot sauce, celery and a pinch of kosher salt in a bowl. With your hand or ice cream scoop, roll into 16 meatballs.
Line a sheet pan with parchment paper or a Sillpat mat and lay out the meatballs on the pan.
Roast for 15 minutes or until cooked through on the inside
In a seperate bowl, mix the remaining sour cream, water and as much hot sauce as desired.
Remove meatballs from oven and let cool for 5 minutes.
Drizzle sour cream sauce on top. Sprinkle with chives and if desired with blue cheese.
- I have a convection oven and all my recipes are based on that temperature. Time adjustments may be necessary due to your oven power.
- We use ground chicken thigh because it has more fat so our meatballs stay nice and juicy.
- Feel free to add in as much or as little hot sauce as you like.
- The blue cheese can be added into the meat mixture as well. I prefer not to because I am not keen on the taste. But feel free to add it in if you like it!