These creamy and fluffy Russian cheesecake pancakes are the perfect start to any morning! Full of probiotics and good for you fats, these babies are the ultimate low carb treat for any child, parent or any picky eater!
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 15 minutes
Total Time 20 minutes
Servings 4 people
- 1 package Lifeway Farmer's Cheese
- 2 whole eggs
- 3/4 cup coconut or almond flour plus more for dredging
- 2 tbsp Swerve or any other sweetener of choice
- 1 whole orange zest zested
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 5 each strawberries or dry berries
- Butter or coconut oil for frying
Add in your Lifeway farmers cheese 2 eggs, berries, zest of an orange, sweetner, 1 tsp baking powder and 3/4 cup coconut flour into a mixing bowl fitted with the paddle attachment.
Mix until JUST combined.
Place about 1/2 a cup of flour into a plate and get out an ice cream scoop. Scoop a nice ball of batter into the coconut flour. Cover it all with the flour. Now that the flour will no longer stick to your hands go ahead and shape it into a patty.
Warm up about 2 tbsp of butter in a pan and fry each syrnik until golden brown over medium heat, about 4 minutes per side.
Remove from pan and drain on a few paper towels to remove any access fat. Serve with the sauteed apples and a few more sprinkles of cinnamon and orange zest.
- The berries can be replaced with any fresh or dry fruit. When doing dry fruit I prefer either berries or tart cherries because they are the lowest on the glycemic index.