Instant Pot Pho (Chicken Recipe)
This Instant Pot Pho is a game changer! Full of authentic flavors but with half the fat and a fraction of the time it takes a classic pho to cook! Learn the secret techniques and flavors behind an authentic pho. Say hello to your new favorite chicken soup!
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 12 minutes
Total Time 22 minutes
Servings 6 people
- 3 Chicken Breasts Bone in, Skin on
- 1 Onion Peeled and Halved
- 2 ounces Fresh Ginger Peeled
- 1 Cinnamon Stick
- 2 pieces Star Anise
- 2 Tbsp Fish Sauce
For the Bowls
- 12 ounces rice sticks or Pad Thai noodles
- 1 small onion thinly sliced
- 4 scallions thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup cilantro loosely chopped
- 2 Thai or Fresno Chillies thinly sliced
- siracha as needed
- Thai basil or regular basil as needed
- 2 limes cut into wedges
Char the onion and the ginger. If you are indoors, place it on the stove burner with the grates off, ensuring to turn them every 5 minutes. If charring outside just char over the grill grates.
Place the chicken, star anise, cinnamon stick, fish sauce, charred onion and ginger into the Instant Pot. Add enough water to come up to the "max" line on the Instant Pot. *.
Seal the Instant pot and turn the pressure valve to "Sealing".
Turn the Instant Pot to "Manual" and ensure it is set to high pressure and turn the time dial for 13 minutes.
Once the timer is up, set the pressure valve to "Venting".
Once all the steam is out, open the lid carefully. Remove the meat out of the broth. Pull the bones out of the meat and shred with two forks.
In the meantime, prepare the noodles according to the package instructions.
Split up noodles into bowls equally.
Pour the broth over the noodles. Add a few pieces of meat into the broth.
Garnish with as much or as little of the garnishes as necessary
- This recipe is based off of a 6 quart Instant Pot. If using a larger Instant Pot, use one more chicken breast