My Russian Meatball Soup is loaded with beautiful and tender chicken meatballs floating in a warm and comforting broth. It’s an ultimate sniffle soother!
- 2 onions (shredded)
- 3 medium carrots (shredded)
- 2 tbsp olive oil or avocado oil
- 10–12 cups chicken broth or chicken stock
- 1 pound ground chicken breast
- 1/2 cup of cooked brown rice
- 3 medium sized potatoes
- 4 tablespoons chopped dill (1 tbsp reserved as garnish)
- salt and pepper to taste
- We start this recipe with the veggies. You will need 3 beautiful carrots, cleaned and shredded. Try and get the ones with the stems still on them. They tend to taste a bit better.
- Pour a bit of avocado oil or olive oil onto the bottom of a soup pot and sweat your onions and carrots with a bit of salt and pepper. You do not want any color on them.
- While that’s all cooking up, we are going to make our meatballs. Take your ground chicken, 1/2 a cup of rice, some chopped dill and salt and pepper. Set to the side.
- Chop up 3 medium sized potatoes into bite size cubes.
- Once our veggies are nice and tender you are going to take 1/4 of the mixture and place it on top of the meatball mixture.
- Mix it all up with your hands and grab a small ice cream scooper. Make your meatballs and set them aside in a plate.
- Pour in about 10-12 cups of chicken broth or chicken stock into your pot with the remaining carrots and onions. See that gorgeous orange color…that’s not turmeric, that’s the color from those yummy carrots. Bring the mixture up to a boil.
- Once the mixture reaches a boil, drop in your potatoes and meatballs and let it simmer for about 15 minutes or until the potatoes are soft.
- Taste for salt and pepper. Sprinkle in some dill. And Enjoy!
Guys this is super freezer friendly! I freeze it in individual bags so when I do not have soup in the house I can just grab this for the munchkin’s lunch.
- Category: Soup
- Cuisine: Russian