These brown butter roasted carrots are glazed with a nutty brown butter that is loaded with garlic and red pepper flakes. This easy side dish ends the age old problem of boring vegetables.
I have been roasting carrots ever since I realized that roasted carrots taste like sweet heaven when roasted. Just all vegetables, when roasting carrots the vegetables take on a new life. A crispy brown and delicious life.
I roasted these up in just a classic salt, pepper and olive oil blend. Until they were just al dente. And in the meantime, I cooked up a sexy brown butter with garlic.
A butter turns brown when the milk solids in the butter caramelize. And when this happens the flavor of the butter deepens and becomes nutty and warm. I add a whole slew of minced garlic cloves into the mix and take the flavor from meh to holy… you know where I am going with this right?
I really love to roast the thinner carrots that come with the stems on still on them. I trim them completely if all the greens except the very top inch or so. They roast up faster but they also look so adorable!
These are so easy that I made them up in 20 minutes for an extremely last minute dinner at my house. I literally had 40 minutes from the instant I stepped into the house, to make 2 entrees 2 sides and a salad. I stuck these babies in the oven and just let them do the work for me. Once they were tender, I poured the glaze on them and added some Parmesan…because Parm makes things even sexier.
2o minutes+a few rock star ingredients and your carrots are delicious city!
It of course is listed in my 2016 Thanksgiving & Christmas Dinner Plan Extravaganza! Make sure you check out all the other yums that go along with it!
- 4 pounds carrots
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- salt and paper to taste
- shredded Parmesan cheese as desired
- chopped parsley to garnish
- 3 tbsp butter
- 3 cloves of garlic
- pinch of red pepper flakes
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Place the carrots on a sheet pan with the olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Roast until fork tender, about 15 minutes.
- Add butter to a small saucepan. Bring to a medium heat and allow to simmer. You will notice the butter starting to change color. Once it goes from tan color to brown, turn of f the heat and allow to stand for 2 minutes.
- Add garlic and red pepper flakes.
- Pour all over the prepared carrots and grate some Parmesan on top.
- Place back into the oven for 3-4 minutes until bubbly and brown.